Morning lovely people!
I’m bubbling with joy because on September 16th, I’ll be in Leesburg, VA for the 2017 Publishing Summit where I’ll give a 90 minute workshop on plotting
Did I have you at ‘Publishing Summit?’ REGISTER HERE.
Here are topics I’ll cover:
- Understanding Aristotle’s theory of drama in 5 minutes.
- How and when to use backstory and flashbacks & how to avoid info dumps
- What’s the difference between action arcs, narrative arcs, & character arcs–and how should you use all 3 of them in your story?
- What if your plot doesn’t fit the hero’s journey?
- Fun ways to brainstorm your plot with friends
- Why are endings so hard? What’s a coda?
Why should you take this workshop if you’re an advanced writer and already published? It’s a stretch to say that one workshop is ideal for every writer, yet many published authors are very intuitive when it comes to writing. The downside with being an intuitive writer is that when you get stuck at some point in your novel you’ve no idea how to analyze what’s wrong and fix it. This workshop will help you to clarify your understanding of the elements of narrative structure so you’ll have a knowledge base to lean on in times of trouble. Register now.
Madeline Iva writes fantasy and paranormal romance. Her fantasy romance, WICKED APPRENTICE, featuring a magic geek heroine, is available on Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Kobo, and through iTunes. Sign up for Madeline Iva news & give aways.